Online Systems AmeriCorps*VISTA position
Do you THINK BIG when it comes to changing the education system? Want to apply your media skills in an exciting, team-based environment leading efforts to provide an innovative approach to higher education? Join College Unbound as the AmeriCorps*VISTA starting this summer!
Big Picture Learning is a 17 year-old organization whose mission is to lead vital changes in education both in the United States and internationally, by generating and sustaining innovative, personalized schools that work in tandem with the real world of the greater community.
College Unbound is Big Picture’s most recent program development. CU is a rigorous, personalized college curriculum anchored in live-learning (internships). Learner success depends on engagement, discipline, dedication, and a drive to make a difference. We believe this model will impact post-secondary policy, and not only open the doors of higher education to students increasingly blocked out of college, but will ensure that students graduate with a degree and experience in hand, prepared to successfully participate in our New Economy.
VISTA Project Goal: Work with Big Picture Director of Online Systems, to build an online communications and learning system that (1) augments student work and (2) expedites support from centrally based advisors and instructors. This position works in tandem with the co-VISTA project goal of developing an expansion infrastructure that supports the planned growth for College Unbound.
- Identify /analyze / document key components of relevant online adult education programs
- Develop 2-tiered plan (6 month segments) to design and create online system with goal of full implementation no later than beginning of new school year – Sept. 2013
- Fully implement online system with all locations
- Develop and implement tier 1 (first 6 months) of online program
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Diverse computer and media expertise
- Experience with long term program planning, implementation and assessment
- Experience collaborating/coordinating with other systems
- Mature and experienced communication skills
- Self motivated/independent thinker/team player
- Bachelor’s Degree required
1) Create a My AmeriCorps profile at www.americorps.gov
2) Submit your application to our AmeriCorps posting –> Click Here
3) Submit a resume and cover letter to Margot Hanson, RICC*VISTA Leader email@example.com
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 1, 2012